<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 07, 2007

GEEZING

I don't much worry about aging.

I figure that it will continue to happen to me just as it has for seventy years.

There isn't a lot that I have to do about it.

On the other hand, I sometimes want a better look into the future. How geezered will I get? What cards do I have in my deck and how should I play them?

This article was a little unsettling and then it got reassuring.

The Way We Age Now

It is pretty interesting if you can get through the cataclysms of the first paragraphs.

I didn't much like the idea that my arteries would crunch.

I think that I know what to do and who to go to when things begin to fall apart.

I do wonder what would happen if the mind went before the body.

But then I wouldn't know it was happening would I?

I liked the image at the end about the old guy (17 years older than me) driving his car and getting through his life pretty well.

Practice makes perfect.

The way to keep living well is to keep living well.

The main thing, I think, is to keep a light touch about it all and take it as it comes.

It is nice to know all this technical shit but the fact remains. I can only do the obvious next thing like ride the bike today and get involved with some of the people around me.

All the rest will come about in due course.

I was just pushing around to hear if there is any 'crunching' sound in there.

None that I can hear.

So far, so good.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?