<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 27, 2007

GEEZERED

I don't think a lot about my 'later years'.

If I do, I think about maintaining my independence right to the end.

This article set me back a little.

Rethinking Old Age

Our Mom's died in nursing home rooms or the equivalent.

This ain't my idea of where I want to end up.

We have done a few things to head it off.

We both have long term care policies that would emphasize home care over some phony 'home'.

I would be determined to stay with my people and my stuff.

Of course, in life, we do not always have as many choices as we think we should have.

But I am sure going to do my best to avoid the kind of sad ending that is described in this article.

My fears are somewhat limited. A room mate that I never knew in my life could be a hell that would surpass all hells. I can't much stand to be with people my own age now.

Routines are OK but someone else's routine is another thing.

Bingo? Television?

Sorry.

Show me the plastic bag I can put over my head.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?