<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 18, 2007

DOWNED

This morning, a raven was walking around the local streets.

They usually fly. This one could hop but not too high.

Later, he took up residence on our water fountain.

I got closer than I ever have. They are beautiful animals.

I 'talked' to it in raven talk. Awwwk, awwwwk. Quietly.

We was clearly in distress. I think my cawing called him down.

Let's say that it did.

He would let me go up close but not too close. Then he would try to get away in a corner.

Not good.

His/her mate was calling from a tree.

I went inside and called animal control.

They were more than happy to help.

By the time they were due he had moved from our yard and up the hill. I called and gave them a new location.

The friend was still calling.

I hope that they got to it.

I did not ask what they would actually do.

I prefer to think that s/he is in a bird sanctuary right now being fixed up. The friend or mate waits outside patiently to take the sick one back home for recuperation.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?