<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 23, 2007

UN EARTHED

I let Earth Day go by.

It was yesterday if you didn't notice.

I didn't either.

I am an every day is earth day kind of guy which means that it probably isn't.

Am I being clear?

I just think that it is one of those 'days' that is designed to make us feel good. No substance. No result.

I went to the earth day site.

Well, there are two.

Earth Day Network.

It features busy work. Like change a light bulb. Calculate your carbon footprint for chrissake.

Then there is your government in action.

Earth Day US Government Portal

George and Laura in their brush clearin' clothes telling us that we should use the day to celebrate our progress; cleaner air and all.

Meretricious.

Both of them. Look it up.

Bogus. Another word.

How about pap?

The fucking world is heating up and the polar bears are taking a dive and I am supposed to calculate my carbon footprint?

So much of this is wrong headed and misleading.

I am a child of WWII. They had us saving cans and grease and we gathered milkweed blossoms for kapok life jackets.

It turned out, when it was all over, they didn't use any of it for anything. It was just a hype to get people doing something so they didn't think too hard about what was happening. Or something.

Since then, I have been wary of citizen activities.

I recycle. I read the other day that it leads to global warming. It would be cooler to bury it.

Paradox upon paradox.

You use more energy by washing a reusable cup than it takes to make a styrofoam one.

Blah blah.

My actual belief is that there is nothing short of walking into the desert with a loin cloth and walking stick we can do about any of it.

Carbon fucking imprint. Give me a break.

Who will be first to quit their cellphone? What about that teevee and the computer. The internets!

How about...........make your own list.

Only big action by big entities will make any difference and that will only be to slow the inevitable down until maybe someone can come up with some creative solutions.

Birth control anyone?

We might want to consider it before Mother Nature starts making her decisions for us.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?