<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 12, 2007

SEMI ANNUAL

I went in to the Doc today for my 6 month checkup.

It is all about the prostate cancer remission. I have ten years now.

But, they check out the PSA just the same; do the digital.

I will get the numbers later. The finger says I am normal.

I had nothing else to report. If I didn't have the Ca I would be seeing him annually. I used to have it every 4 months so it is less guarded than it was.

I told him about the bike accident. He didn't even feel around.

He figured an 8 week recovery was pretty good. He would have said 12.

I got a quick going over—blood pressure and heart/lungs.

He gave me the 'a-quiz' where he asks some questions that would reveal if I am shaky on memory and all.

He tries to keep it under the radar but I catch it and comment. I suppose that is part of the test too.

I have a great Doc.

I am really grateful for his presence in my life.

He knows that I want to keep the engines going at least into my nineties and he also knows that I am not afraid of missing that goal.

I am not about to do it as a feeb.

We had a half an hour with nothing to go over so we shot the shit about death and aging.

He has a lot of interesting angles on the subject as that is all he sees from 7 AM until 2 PM. An expert.

He has patients in their 90s who are very happy. He has patients in their 70s who are healthy and not happy to be 'old'.

What the fuck is that all about?

When you get to my age all this stuff is interesting.

I have a keen interest in anything that has to do with me.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?