<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 13, 2007

PARASKAVEDEKATRIAPHOBIA

I always like to note the existence of Friday the 13th.

I do not have paraskavedekatriaphobia (fear of the day) or, for that matter, friggatriskaidekaphobia (fear of the number 13) but I know that it always caused a stir when I was a kid.

I don't actually believe in 'luck' as a concept. Good or bad.

I suppose that we have luck or not but how do we evaluate the good and bad part.

I have had some pretty shitty things that happened to me that I might have construed as bad luck only to find that these very same shitty things opened up doors to discovery, transformation, or personal growth.

Not to put it too grandiosely.

I don't think one 'makes her own luck' either.

I just think that life is unpredictable and as programmed beings we don't like change or disruption and are likely to view the world's realities through an entirely personal peep hole.

We can't see the forest for the trees. Or maybe we see the forest and infer the trees that are in it.

I just figure, let it come and I will get what I need to deal with it.

Or not.

Now that I have spent all this time on the day, uhhhhh, why did I mention it? If I don't have one of those long-word things?

Because it is there. And I needed to have something to kick off my blog day with.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?