<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

KING WEASEL

It is nice to see Don Imus get his ass kicked.

Imus Suspended for 2 Weeks Over Racial Remark

His most frequent epithet is 'weasel'! Look who is weaseling.

He is an equal opportunity bully; the kind of rough humor that you see in locker rooms and other places where white straight males hang out and do the nasty talk that wouldn't hold up anywhere else.

He is entertaining to watch!

I have to admit it.

I used to witness the spectacle every morning when I went to the little gym and had the teevee all to myself.

No one held me down and made me watch the nastiness and venom that he could spew.

Humor.

It was like watching a rattle snake working its way up to a strike.

The difference is that the snake is self protecting.

Imus is safe in his cocoon created by his buddies and sponsors.

With Imus, They Keep Coming Back.

Insult humor has always been successful. I like it and laugh when it is trained on some other guy. It is amusing to hear Imus call someone I don't like a 'weasel'.

When it is directed towards me and people I like, it is less funny; annoying, maybe.

But I would not get to the outrage the remarks really deserved.

There is an imperative in our culture of 'being a good sport'.

I think Imus has mastered the art of balancing between invective and good work.

He is talented. He is funny. He does good works which he endlessly promotes mostly involving disabled kids.

It is probably all an act.

Cynical to the nth degree.

His enabler and equal opportunity insult artist has been his producer Bernard McGuirk who is a bona fide racist and homophobe.

Even Imus would blanch at some of 'Bernie's' remarks. He is the one who lit the fire under this one. Imus was 'merely' one-upping Bernie.

McGuirk always reminded me of the South Boston tough who had a nasty word for and about everything. The primitive in a suit.

As I said, it is nice to see Imus get his ass kicked but I hope Bernie gets worse.

They have been going on like this for a very long time and survived all the outrage that would break out from time to time.

So, good luck Don with your slow train wreck.

I don't watch you any more. I lost the fascination which often led to self disgust for hanging with you.

You are living proof that those who live by the sword can die by the sword but not fast enough for my taste in most cases.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?