<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 03, 2007

JANE AGAIN

I am in the midst of viewing all 5 hours of the BBC's version of Jane Austen's

Pride and Prejudice (1995)

This is not to be confused with the most recent production which is much shorter and, in its own way, I hear quite good.

This one, a NYTimes Best 1176 Film, is faithful to the Austen to the core.

I am watching it in 3 sessions.

So far so good.

This is breaking my vow never to see anything I have read or to read anything that I have seen.

Austen's P and P is so deliciously wonderful that you can have at it many times and not get tired of it.

Especially watching the young Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy.

Smoldering.

It is interesting that the works of Jane Austen resonate particularly in our age and time. It is similar to the way Mozart speaks so clearly to contemporary minds and ears.

I am sure that there are scholarly works on this subject. I will be happy to simply observe it and be grateful for both.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?