<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

WIPEOUT

I got a reduction in my nest egg yesterday as did everyone else. They didn't single me out.

Wall St. Tumble Adds to Worries About Economies

Anyone with half attention would have known it was coming.

I remember noticing a negative comment by Alan Greenspan yesterday, in a speech. I thought at the time that things might not be so certain.

I sure have enjoyed the runup, announcing how much we 'earned' this week and all.

I don't think that I will be running to my mate and saying we much we lost.

It comes and goes.

What goes up must come down.

More importantly, what goes down must come up.

This is good advice for many downers, not just the market.

I have been here before.

Each time there is a gyration I get less exercised about it.

It is all paper numbers anyway.

All I know is that I started retirement ten years ago with a certain nest egg and I have been taking out of it ever since and, today, I still have about the same amount in my fund as I did then.

That is the goal after all. Ain't?

The ever-normal granary. More or less, of course.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?