<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 25, 2007

AND THE WEINER IS.......

You probably inferred that the Oscar festivities are not on my 'must do' list today.

First, we do not have the cable hooked up to the teevee yet (12 years and counting). That is pretty much a show stopper.

But John has been known to mooch a watch at someone's house.

Not me.

Another thing. It is past my bedtime. And that is PST!

I would miss the best of the best or whatever it is.

Another reason that I will not witness the ludicrous exercise of naming the best of anything in a media so diverse, is that I have seen only one of the films being touted for best.

Little Miss Sunshine.

So, of course, all the nominees from that film (and there are a few) are my sentimental favorites.

Now, if that is not a recipe for heartbreak I don't know what is.

Finally, the awards have nothing to do with the popular cinema. The nominees are all from films that didn't do very well at the box office.

The industry gets to pat itself on the back for not producing and promoting the good stuff. They will hide behind these nominations while they produce the pap/pop that makes the money.

Not that there is anything wrong with this. Hypocrisy is a high American value. As is making money with the worst motives behind it.

I just don't want to go to the party.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?