<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 02, 2007

PREVIEW OF COMING ATTRACTIONS

We are loaded with bluebirds, robins and other birds headed north.

They are stopping over just now for r 'n' r in Palm Springs.

They aren't stupid; they, and 30,000 snowbirds, are hear for the 'waters'!

I have a note that we saw a huge flock of robins in the Canyons on January 31, 2001.

I suddenly found myself thinking of robins. We turned a corner and there they were.

I know now that their song had invaded my brain subconsciously and so I was ready when I saw them.

There are no robins here year round; nor other birds that we would see in the northeast or northwestern parts of the country.

I saw few bluebirds when we lived up north. Here, we see them for a few weeks every year; more than we have ever seen in just one season. Beautiful.

This is mocking bird country. Hummingbirds. Doves. Quail. Roadrunners. Tough sumbitches that can handle the heat.

There is a mountain version, larger, that lives up on San Jacinto. More like a blue jay but not. Big.

Birds. When I lived in the city I didn't think about them much at all.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?