<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 25, 2007

PHASE I REHAB

I have been doing pretty well with my ice-bruised left leg.

A few days of pain free traveling had me plan two phases of recovery.

I would launch Phase I by taking Franklin for his walk today.

Mission accomplished.

The leg got a little tired but nothing serious. A good time was had by all.

I had planned to launch Phase II tomorrow. I would get the bike ready today and take it out in the AM for a modest spin.

My plans got waylaid.

I put some air into the tires and, on the second one, I could not get the pump gizmo off the valve stem. When I pulled, I pulled the whole valve stem right out of the inner tube.

Whooooossssshhh.

55 pounds air pressure let go in an instant.

My hair blew back.

I took this as a possible sign from the universe that perhaps Phase II was too ambitious.

At least too ambitious for tomorrow.

John helped me load up the bike and I took it to the Cyclery. On the way, I remembered that I was having some noise from the 'bracket'; the bearings that support the pedals.

When I got help taking the bike out of the Jeep, the kid noticed that the back wheel might also have a hub problem. Simplest case is a loose clip.

Could be. That is the side of the bike that hit the ice and I have not been on it since I rode back 6 weeks ago.

Gotta take a look.

So, with the tire, the bracket and the wheel hub we got a week in the shop.

Now, I do have Randy's bike all set to go. His seat settings are the same as mine and all.

But, I reconsidered my Plan II schedule and decided that it might be better for me to get the dog walk muscles all set this week and then work on the bike next week.

The universe notwithstanding; it would probably be a good idea to be conservative anyway.

I do not want any more setbacks.

It has been 6 weeks.

That is enough. Enough.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?