<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

NEO NOIR

I took a leap of faith in the Netflix 'recommendations' algorithm today and watched

13 Tzameti (2006)

It was recommended highly based on my past rentals so I ordered it.

This thriller will have you at the edge of your seat.

It is not for the faint of heart.

Superviolent.

Only not.

It is fully in the noir tradition and is great to look at while the puzzles are being solved and the suspense is spinning along.

It even has the requisite noir ending.

On the other hand, nothing about the film is conventional.

I will give it a high but yet undetermined rating.

I want to think about it and I don't want to get in trouble with my viewing partner for liking it immoderately when he did not.

I should add that the suspense was jiggered by a short power failure during the viewing.

I had to go back and flick the chapters to get back to the spot we fell out.

OH. The film is in black and white. Perfect.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?