<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

MULE TRAIN STOPS

When I was a kid, I loved to listen to

Frankie Lane.

He had a big voice and seemed to have a generous heart. There was not a time that he did not have a hit going on the charts.

He was also cool when cool was not something crooners had.

He got tagged as a singer for western television shows and movies.

One of his best bits was as the voice over the theme in Blazing Saddles.

I am writing about him because he died today at 93!

Good for him.

I aspire to that ripe age or its environs.

He comes alive on his website

It Ain't Over 'til It's Over

Labels: ,


Comments:
I heard and interview on NPR today (terry gross) and he said he did not know it was a bit. They did not tell him as they wanted him to do it as "real" as he could. He said he got ribbed for it a bit but got a kick out of it. TKR
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?