<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

DARK ANGELS

Today's NYTimes Best 1176 Film was

Ponette (1997)

Careful. Ebert's review is basically a spoiler so just scan it.

A four year old loses her Mom in an auto accident.

It is utterly original and is exclusively from the child's point of view.

We see it all. Well intentioned 'christian' adults. Curious and misinformed (as well as cruel) children.

Little by little the loss adds up. The little girl begins to accept the death and to see how it fits in her own life.

I was apprehensive about seeing it. I don't like 'weepers'.

I am quite willing to weep but I don't want the formula used on me.

This has no such trick of the trade.

It is all cooked up au naturel.

I will give this a 5 out of Netflix5.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?