<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

EDDY ARNOLD

I found myself humming and yodeling Cattle Call this morning (hear the sample at the site). I was loading grocery bags into the Jeep.

Eddy Arnold.

It was his theme song.

I had a crush on Eddy Arnold for many years.

I think that I still do.

I would stop and listen to any cut that was playing.

He was not strictly country and western. He was beyond genrés.

If you want to hear him sing (including the 'call') try this:

A Year of Eddy Arnold Part 1.

There are two other similar bits adjacent.

He has a website which is a little ramshackle.

But, I imagine Eddy is a bit ramshackle too. He is 89 years old and, as you will see, absolutely retired.

He is a phenomenal artist and had world wide success.

By some measure, he is figured to have sold more records than anyone else.

But his career was longer than anyone else's.

Fifty years.

But none of this matters to me. He always, always gave me a shiver which had nothing to do with his artistry. He was a very sexy guy. And I had a crush on him.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?