<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 29, 2007

SUCCESS

For those who might be holding their breath about the size of the crowd, the state of the weather, the quality of the food, the perfection of the service, the excellence of the guitarist and the general ebb and flow of energy at the party yesterday, relax!

Inhale.

We had a great time.

The weather was almost perfect. Light scudding clouds kept the sun under control but warmed the folks who mostly wore the normal desert shirtsleeves.

The crowd peaked at about noon and then stayed throughout.

Everyone had a good time.

Even I had a good time.

We got pictures.

We got a lot of hugs.

It was excellent.

The special video that Dave made of my 'life' was more than well received. It is almost scary about how people locked into it.

It is a great movie but part of it has the 8mm films that I hid my eyes from and cringed over for years when my dad showed them.

Dave did a great job of decringing it. Now, I can watch the films without too much discomfort.

Everyone came. That is not to say that some people called in sick, others had an emergency. A few just didn't show after RSVP-ing. What's that all about?

I have let it go. By the time I see any of them, I will have gotten way over it.

What else can I tell you?

A lot of people got to meet my kids. It was wonderful to have them there.

So.

Another major life success. First the life and then the party.

Comparatively, the party is the easier part but not as long. When it was over there was this feeling of, well, 'where did everyone go'?.

I went out for an end-of-day dip in the spa last night and, when I got out, I could feel the energy of the crowd still in the back yard.

It is still there this morning.

What a good deal. I hope it lasts.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?