<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 12, 2007

PROTEST

It seems to me that this proves Carter's point to some extent:

Carter Center Advisors Quit to Protest Book

There is a climate in this country that prevents criticism of Israel in any respect and the American supporters of Israel can not abide any level of dissent from their pet cause.

That is their privilege.

It is also the privilege of Carter to call it the way he, and a lot of the rest of us, see it.

Israel has gotten a free ride long past the time that it deserved to get it.

I remember when it started. Exciting. Energizing.

I had friends who went there for kibbutz. It was the basic design that the Peace Corps used later on.

There is no doubt that there is a debt owed to the Israelis. Make that 'was'.

They are past the point of muffled disagreement.

I left 'the cause' long ago. The latest Lebanon fiasco has hardened me almost entirely to their situation.

They made it. Let them get out of it.

They have turned into the kind of 'monsters' that their enemies were before them.

Sorry. Truth will out.

Carter has it down right as far as I am concerned.

I admire his courage in saying it.

You know he has a lot of creds. He brought temporary peace with the Sadat/Begin Camp David Accords.

He knows what he is talking about.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?