<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

PARTY FEVER

We are getting close to the day of the big party.

Well, it is 18 days. Less than three weeks.

We have been busy. John more than me.

We have heard the CD of the guitarist; classical, jazz, flamenco. Pretty good.

Yesterday we 'interviewed' the man who will pressure clean/brush the patio from front to back. Very nice.

We are still getting RSVPs. Up to 142 so far and I know that there are about 7 or 8 out there still. I would love to have 150.

I have come to terms with the cost of the thing; a fucking fortune.

Actually John and I came up with the rationale in the same time period in separate locations. Mind melding.

We used to give a lot of parties.

We have not done so for ten years.

If you figure it out, then this is just catching up. We earned interest on all the money as it sat waiting to be spent. How is that?

Besides, how else are we going to spend it? On practical things? Not in my makeup.

What else?

Oh.

I got wound up yesterday that we had too many carbos on the menu.

Hamburgers (all beef), Veggie-burgers, all beef hot-dogs (the best), grilled chicken, western beans, an asparagus-greens salad, two pastas (I forget what is what but there are nuts and bolts in each all vegetarian-artichoke hearts? Maybe), a lot of drinks, coffee and a choice of two b-day cupcakes (white with lemon curd filling or chocolate with a redundant chocolate mousse filling).

I do hope that the people eat well.

I am watching the weather. We are in for a cold snap in the next week. If it looks like rain we will order a tent (more $$$) and so on.

It is now just a continuous mental undercurrent. Mental rehearsals. Tweaking the design. The flow.

I had another 'not enough chair' spasm yesterday because two 'oldsters' who are a bit feeble signed up on the same day. Well. Older and feebler than me.

Actually, I am really quite excited about it and have a lot of pleased thoughts about the people who are coming and the 'collision' of our different worlds. Fun.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?