<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 28, 2007

OVERNIGHT SENSATION

Sometime during the night I turned 70.

I hardly noticed.

What did draw my attention was that I was not nervous or insomniaxed or in any other way sleep deprived over today's big party.

That is something to celebrate.

It is about 5 AM now and the caterers are due here at 8 AM. By then, we will have the cars out of the drive and carport and a host of small jobs done and over.

There is lots of help.

Having my family here is not only a great birthday present but they represent a significant size labor pool.

The guests are due at 11AM.

I have more reasonable confidence that they will actually attend. Many have mentioned it. Some more than once.

I am pretty relaxed about it.

When I figured that I only had two minutes to talk to each person, the burden of making small talk disappeared. Hell, I can dance for two minutes without a gasp for fresh air.

No other thoughts really.

Well, one.

The decade birthdays are significant in one respect. They make me reflective.

I have to say that I have had a wonderful life.

There is not one thing that I would do more or over.

When I watched Dave's video compiling all the pictures from baby to retired desert rat, I felt pretty good about the whole thing.

I am not done, by any means, but it is a nice opportunity to take stock.

I have never been much for goals. Ever.

I don't suppose that I will start to set them now.

I haven't exactly winged it but I have tried for a high degree of spontaneity; to keep an eye out for the 'main chance'.

I think that (an an egg a day) is a recipe for a long and happy life.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?