<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 19, 2007

NO DAY

It seems like there was no 'day' today.

The weather was dark and gloomy; one of the 13 days that we do not get any sun in a year.

I suppose that there is some anticlimaticism going on.

We signed the catering contract for the 012807 party last night. Nothing more to worry about there.

I think that it doesn't seem like a 'day' today because I am off my routine; sidelined by an injury.

No dog walks. No movies. A lot of spa. I never do the spa in the daytime.

My left side is surely making a comeback--or side. The stiffness is moving out and new bruises are appearing both visually and in 'feeling' them.

I don't remember my ribs hurting before late yesterday or my upper shoulder; not the part of the shoulder that got hit the last time I had an injury in the line of duty.

I think that these 'new' areas are emerging because the generic trauma, pain, shock has worn off and everything is isolated now.

I am doing more walking without a cane but I look a bit more gimpy that way.

It is sort of a tossup in public. Do I want to look like a dork with the cane or a gimp without? I guess there is no answer to that one.

I will take the therapeutic answer which is to use the cane most of the time and also spend some time free-forming it to loosen up the collateral muscles and get them to heal as well.

I did go to the store this morning. A shopping cart is a great 'walker'. The cashier told me that I should have taken one of the 'granny chairs', the motorized wheelchair things.

He said that healthier people than me have done it. But he was smirking. I don't think that he seriously believed that I would do it!

Not much else.

It won't be long until I am out of the rut and back, if not to normal, to functional abnormal. I am hot to get back on the bike.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?