<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 05, 2007

GET A LIFE

Awhile back, I bought a new bicycle pump; the Serfas FP 200.

My neighbor, the bike guy, told me it was the best and he made me buy it from him.

It was the best one that I have ever had. It has a great valving system and a gauge feature that is stable, readable and even has a bezel to set your standard air.

One thing wrong.

After one year or so, the pump failed me.

Randy was here and I wanted to get his bike tires ready. No air. Blowback through the base of the pump.

In fact while the thing was on the valve, air actually escaped from the tire.

Whassup?

No rides!

Pump in hand and head between my legs--no. That is the tail. No. I don't have a tail. Never mind.

Carrying my dead pump in my hand, I went back to the bike guy (the Cyclery).

He wasn't there but a bike-kid was and he told me, reminded me actually, that this pump has a lifetime guarantee.

No problem.

He verified that it extracted air out of tires.

I got a new pump.

No questions asked.

Bang.

What do you think of that?

In a world of no-guarantees and highly defined 'lifetimes' (mine or the pumps?) this qualifies as a miracle.

Serfas is a top of the line accessory company. Their stuff costs more. But it can be worth it.

Another personal lifetime purchasing theory proven.

It pays to get the best.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?