<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 05, 2007

DUTIED

So I got empanelled as a juror yesterday.

It is a case where there are 29 counts of internet fraud and it will take a month.

Fuck.

I know. My civic duty.

But it would really bend things around here.

I have been willing to do public service most of my life. I have held elective and appointive office.

I put jury duty in another category however and I can not get down with it.

Sorry.

I will not serve, I am quite sure.

First, I am not the white-bread type that they are looking for. Pony tail, earring. I will wear jeans (mine are a little tight now but one must endure to achieve one's goals.

Second, I have had experience being defrauded on the net. They don't want that.

Phished three times. Two near misses and one hit. My PayPal account got assaulted without any damage as there was an outdated credit card in it at the time. But I am barred from PayPal. Not that there is a lot of dishonor or inconvenience in that.

I digress.

They have already signaled that people with 'practical experience' won't make the grade.

So I will have to go in Monday and sit through what they call the joie de vivré -- no that isn't it. The voir dire!.

I have always rehearsed extensively for the moment that I am asked the critical questions.

And 29 counts! Shit. He must be guilty if they have that many complaints? I guess even I can't use that one, huh?

I have to admit that I have never, ever been called up to get grilled by the legals.

Perhaps my record will hold.

Really. I am not a bad citizen!


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?