<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

DOWN BUT NOT OUT

The house thermometer said 50 degrees when I got up and then 45 when I was ready to make the 'bike' decision so I decided to go on out for the Tuesday run.

All was well until I got to the golf courses on the backside of the circle.

The pavements were wet and I looked close to see ice or not and there was none.

Until there was.

The bike just went out from under me and I hit on my left side.

Pretty evenly.

My helmet whacked the pavement.

I hit hard enough for the sunvisor (which is of no use) to pop off.

That is not too hard. It just snaps out.

But I did feel the impact of helmet to head and glad to report that the helmet works.

I took my time getting up. Moved slowly onto the grass so that I wouldn't fall again and then stood up.

So far so good.

Then moved slowly some more. Walked around. Nothing missing. Nothing buckled. All whole.

I went and got the bike, pulling it off the ice to the roadway.

Slowly mounted the bike and rode home.

As usual with such things, it really didn't hurt that much for the first hour or so.

I got some aspirin going.

Since then, I have been to the store using the cart as a sort of cane and have put the groceries away.

I turned the spa on for later heat treatment.

If I keep it moving it is OK. It is just a little hard to start up.

I am getting my moves down.

I will try it out for awhile, a couple of days, and see how it goes.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?