<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

GOOD EXCUSE

Blogger has been down all day so I could not post.

Sucks.

A lot of people consider this to be the worst, whatever you call it, in blogdom.

Mostly I am happy.

I didn't have all that much compulsion to write today anyway.

But, since they are back in business here are two interesting links.

Troop Morale Boosted By Surprise Visit From First Dog

and

The One Hundred Most Influential People in American History

I don't much like lists but this one is rather interesting. They manage to capture the paradox of some of the contributions.

Take a look at Number 96.

They obviously have made the usual mistake and that is that they have tried to make it inclusive; enough women, blacks and so on. There are even a few homosexuals.

They have also decided to recognize various categories; sports, music, poetry.

This has made the list irrelevant. By the time you cut the pie into various slices you only have so many pieces to go around.

Not a great analogy but you get my drift.

How can you compare Walt Whitman to Ralph Nader?

Huh?

Well, they are both homos. Or neuters.

The biggest category of sexual preference that exists: "none of the above".

People that aren't getting any or not so much are more creative. Bingo. Sublimation.

I am riffing here. Anyone want to join me?

I didn't even think about who I would add to the list.

Well, Bill Clinton. But that is in ten years from now.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?