<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 23, 2006

GIVING THANKS

Thanksgiving has not always been my best holiday.

Well, I don't do any holiday very well.

I start with the negative; no mail. I go on from there.

This year I am a bit mellower on the day.

Thursday is our house cleaning day and that all got done yesterday. So there is a wide open day for..................well, what?

No football in this house. Not in our league.

Macy's? Noooooooooo.

None of the traditional thing except dinner.

I will make a pumpkin pie mostly because we don't usually (never) have dessert and this is as good as any rationale to have a day off from that rule.

There will be turkey from a breast that I roasted a few weeks ago when Randy was here; an early run at Thanksgiving (without the pie) because he will not be here this weekend as he often is.

Then there will be the usual other stuff. But no more of it than a normal dinner.

No feast.

We do have one holiday feature.

John suggested last night that we do the 'Sunday threesome dogwalk' today as a special holiday event. That sounded good. No bike ride today. We will go out as a family; our own parade.

Franklin goes nuts when we do that. It will be a lot of fun.

Then there is the one thing that the day is set up for.

Giving thanks.

I sure have a lot to give thanks for.

I think, in my idle moments, I will do a 'gratitude list'. It will be long.

So.

Quiet time.

Thankfulness.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?