<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 06, 2006

ELECTION TENSION

I seem to be avoiding the deep anxiety about tomorrow's election.

I am nervous and jump whenever I read a poll summary that says 'the race is tightening' but, at the same time, I am optimistic that whatever happens, we will have seen a sea change in the political climate in this country.

The political point has already been made that the prez and his policies are deeply unpopular. While he and his gang of political thugs may continue to 'stay the course', in all their right wing fervor, they will not get the support that they need from the legislative branch.

They have lost the majority of their own party.

Even if the GOoPers maintain a majority, the incumbents will not want to have this kind of grueling campaign slog to go through again.

The fracture of the republican party is inevitable.

Of course, I would like to see the bastards really wiped out and I will be ecstatic if that is the case, but I can take a 'grueling campaign' and record low approval numbers for the head thug.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?