<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 07, 2006

END OF AN ERA

We got home from the ambulance service and found a whole section of my half of the closet collapsed.

The coats and stuff had pulled the brackets out of the wall and ended up on the floor.

My first reaction was to see that almost all of the shit that had fallen was from back east.

I had kept my overcoat, my snow suit with the fleece lining, the heavy gym pants I used to run/walk to the gym from Dartmouth Street and so on.

It all went in big black plastic bags and is now at our local equivalent of Good Will.

Time to finally be here and not there.

I don't know why I held onto it. I am not a holder-on-to, as a rule.

But this stuff was different.

It was my hold on another time and place I guess.

I just let it go.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?