<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

WSJ?OTD

"Do you feel more threatened personally by terrorism or by nuclear programs in Iran and Korea?"

I said that I was not threatened by either one.

Part of this, surely, is the place I live.

But, I don't think that I would be freaked out about any of it if I lived in Boston again.

I would be a lot more worried about a chunk of the new underground interstate coming down on me. And not much of that.

I just do not get uptight about this shit.

You know, this is nothing new. It isn't!

I have said before that when I travelled there were periods when things were very tense. The IRA was bombing London, other Arabs were shooting up airports.

When I got my last scone and clotted cream at Heathrow, I would glance around to figure the fields of fire for the assassins.

You just, inevitably, have to let it go.

If I lived in downtown Baghdad I would be worried.

I think that the bushadmin wants to instill fear.

Americans are susceptible.

I think people will come to their senses.

In the meantime, here are the numbers: Terrorism 53%; Nukes 27%; and not worried about either 20%.

That last one is my cohort and I am sticking with it.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?