<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 07, 2006

LINKLATER

Little did I know, when I saw

Slacker (1991),

that I would remember much of it and think about it off and on for fifteen years.

I certainly could not have known that the career of its maker,

Richard Linklater,

would be so full of innovation and interest.

I watched Slacker again today and refreshed my brain cells.

Amazingly, I have remembered this film as black and white. It is in color.

Everyone has his or her favorite part. I like the opening about how thoughts can initiate new realities--a rant from the back seat of a cab, the conspiracist guy who walks with the innocent student for what seems a mile, the coffee shop with the crazy people in it, Madonna's pap smear, the television freak, the anarchist and so on.

Jeez. It would be easier to layout which one I did not like. Hmmm. No.

At the end, the credits are amazing. How many episodes are in this one-thing-leads-to-another absurdist escapade? A hundred? Two hundred?

I will watch it in another fifteen years.

This is a sure thing 5 out of Netflix5.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?