<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 15, 2006

LAYERS

I was intrigued with the reviews for

Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story (2006)

So, I rented it.

I was right. I loved it.

It is a film about making a film of a novel which is about writing a novel.

It is funny. It has great people in it.

It is mentally challenging enough to sorta want to see it a second time but I won't. There are all kinds of movie references; even some Nino Rota music here and there.

I am thinking of getting the book though.

The Ebert review (linked) catches it all very well. Perhaps too much. If you expect to see this, then scan Ebert a bit with your eyes slitty. The surprises are worthwhile.

The film got noticed by critics by the way and then sunk without a trace.

Too bad. It is an easy 4 out of Netflix5.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?