<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

FIRE

I had a new experience with the fire after I wrote the last piece.

I took Franklin for his walk very early this morning. John had a date at the hospital for a test procedure.

It was dark.

I looked back to see where he was when we hit Palm Canyon Drive.

Jeeezuz creeps!

The mountain that bounds the northern side of the valley was aflame.

Here. There. Over there. And walls of flame creeping to or from the western side.

It was shocking!

I have never seen anything like that before.

It is about 10-20 miles away from here with no chance of getting close to us.

It would have to cross the 10 and ..........well, nothing is certain is it. Now that I think about it.

That is what those little batches of fire are about. It shoots flaming debris up in the air which travels.

I had seen the smoke last night on the way to supper with a friend. But I also saw the little batches of smoke here and there.

This morning those small areas were bright orange and red.

What a difference. A lot more immediate and upsetting.

It is bad.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?