<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 26, 2006

I AM IMPRESSED

I have always liked Warren Buffett (from afar, of course).

Now, I like him more than ever.

Buffett to Give Bulk of His Fortune to Gates Charity

I am not sure about Bill Gates, but that is another story. I am impressed with the Gates Foundation!

I liked this quote about Buffet in the article:

Fred P. Hochberg, dean of the Milano School for Management and Urban Policy at the New School, which has a large nonprofit-management department, said Mr. Buffett's historic contribution to the Gates Foundation was in character.

"It's egoless," he said. "Warren's name is not on the door."

That is what I have always liked about Buffet.

Humility.

It is pretty hard to be egoless and humble when you have 44 billion dollars to give away.

Of course, he is also a wise old fox and the humility is a bit calculated as is the splash about the gifts.

I also like that the 'kids' get money too. They get to run their own foundations! No second generation management to fuck the company up.

Wily.

Did you know that he and Jimmy Buffett are related? Another great Buffett story. They didn't know it and someone tracked it down and now they are friends.

Jimmy didn't get any cash though. Nor a foundation to manage.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?