<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 09, 2006

EYE WASH!

I went to the eye doctor for my annual checkup this week.

I go to an opthalmologist because I have some history with 'flashes' (now several years since I had them) and I am also skeptical of optometrists. I had a bad one once.

So, I went. I have shopped around for an eye doc. There are not that many.

The first one I had would strand you in the exam room for half hour lengths and always had five people in the waiting room who didn't have appointments working some emergency; most on post op problems with the guy I was seeing.

The first time I went, I chalked it up to coincidence. The second time, when the same thing happened, I just walked out and told no one where I was going. They never called me either.

The people I have now are really good docs. They work a tight and accurate schedule. But they are so totally tight assed.

There is no small talk, no humor, no nothing. The lowest affect you will ever see. I think that it is enforced as a hedge against error. I am sure that they go to low affect school. No one could be this way on purpose.

"No grab ass in the waiting or examination rooms. It might cause error in the lens formula!!"

The other thing is that they are rocked with paper work. Every time I go there are new forms. They blame Medicare. They blame the insurance companies. There is no recourse. Fill this shit out.

It is all very lame. Stuff that is in my records there. Irrelevant info. Medical history about stuff that has no relevance to my eyes. I am sure they are standard forms that they got from some convention somewhere.

Maybe they hired a consultant.

I have been going to two other docs for years — on the Medicare as well as the supplemental — and I never fill out forms. I don't know that I did when I started with them but I suppose that I did.

Anyway, I hate this paperwork. I pout and roll my eyes and get all attitudinal. I make a fool of myself, I suppose.

I gotta let it go.

It is just the way that they are. And I want to have accurate prescriptions as well as good medical care.

But shit, let's not blame it all on the government and the companies.

Shit. I am on a rant, huh?

I got a good report though. The same level of result as 'no cavities' at the dentist.

No change in prescription.

Oh. And I didn't give them my SSN either. I have stopped putting it on forms.

Maybe it is not them.

Maybe I am just a rebel. Counterdependent, my business partners used to call me. Contrary. Don't fuck with me.

I don't go quietly. I guess it is OK but it does lead to some scenes here and there.

I got it from my Dad. That is my excuse. They blame Medicare. I blame my Dad.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?