<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

CELL BLOCK

I am amused and amazed at the sudden interest by corporations in putting even more shit on cell phones.

News Corporation to Tap Not Just Its Film Vaults, but Art From the Street

Not only a clumsy headline but a clumsy notion.

Film on mobile phones?

Well, I will be the last to be a good predictor of fads and weird social activities.

Text messaging seems strange enough to me. All that thumbing.

I tried it once. That was it.

This is a phone! A little electro-mechanical device. You can talk on it. Why would you thumb type?

I have gotten a few messages. They are in thumb-lingo.

"2 shrt 2 b rdabl & 2 dmb 2 b blvd".

Why didn't they just call and leave a message?

I wasn't enthralled with pictures on the phone either; video. The phone as a camera.

Not a very good camera mind you. A blurry hand-held shot of people's own head and face. Why?

There has always been an interest in video-phoning but that is not what we have here. We have lousy still pictures.

The new idea of putting 'live' teevee on a phone arises from two sources, I think. There is the phone camera and pictures and then there are the rrrrrrring features where you can download sounds and stuff for your ring.

I do not know anyone who actually has this although one of the guys who worked on our pool a year or two ago had the start of a motor race on his;

"Gentlemen start your engines vroooom".

It is quite startling when you are standing there talking and the phone starts the Indy 500.

Look. Mobile (cell) phones are annoying enough. We don't need the Simpsons who are already annoying playing in the seat next to ours; Bart and the ever-present stupid 'doh' thing. 'Doh' indeed.

People already are a traffic hazard with the phones to their ears. Now what? Holding it in front to see last night's American Idol?

Am I getting through?

Oh. Sorry.

I didn't realize you were talking on your phone; that beetle-like thing there in your ear.

Time for the teevee news? Oh. Well, I will get back to you. What was your number again?


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?