<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

PILOT ERROR

I went to take a shower today and the water didn't get hot.

I went to look and the pilot was off at the water heater.

This kind of thing freaks me out. I want to know the cause.

Well, it was windy and last night it was cold. Sometimes it blows down the flue and whoosh; out goes the light.

The gas man who came when our meter went out told me that there is sand in the gas line all the time.

I demand answers!

There will be none.

Anyway, I relit the heater and the water was hot in less than half an hour. That is something!

Here is the problem. I lack faith in the simple solution.

I have been going out to see if the pilot flame is still flickering. At first I went out about every fifteen minutes.

Now the frequency has settled down a bit into one-two hour bits.

It has not gone out yet.

This will go on for a few days until it becomes old hat or until another problem comes up to hit me in the ass. Something else to compulse about.

It is 6:14 PM now. I will get in two or three more looks before bedtime.

I have to get down flat on my belly on the garage floor. At least there is a carpet.

Yes.

We have a carpet in the garage; the sort of outdoor carpet that they used to sell. Maybe they still do. It was here when we bought the house. Wall to wall.

It is filthy. At least with concrete we could wash it down.

But a concrete floor would be cold on my belly as I lie there staring at the pilot light. What's a little dirt?

I need to go check it out again. See ya'.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?