<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 29, 2006

HUH?

This Best 1176 NYTimes Film involves some heavy lifting.

I am not sure what to make of Atom Egoyan's:

The Adjuster (1992)

I will need some help from the 'experts'. Egoyan's website is not much help. Although he does say that he writes and edits around 'dreams'. That makes sense to me. A lot of this film is about dreams.

At the link, we have a sort of positive review from Ebert. Then again, here is a rather negative review.

What did I think?

Well, I think that it is a great film festival film. It has a lot of 'who was the masked man?' about it. You get hit with something and then you get a sort of answer.

There is a lot of sex; not necessarily good sex.

There is the play with time; backward chaining to what it all means which is often fun; sometimes not.

The hero is handsome. He is pansexually the adjuster in a lot of people's lives. The insurance adjuster cover is a metaphor along with the bow and arrow he plays with and the isolated house he lives in and the.............

Well, you ought to see it. Then you will know what this is all about. Or not.

I, for one, will give it a Netflix3 out of 5 just for being annoying while it is wonderful to look at and sort of funny. But, I think that it circles around and sticks its head up its own ass.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?