<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

ZEITGEIST

At my age, anytime that I feel as though I am running with the zeitgeististas, I am exhilarated and psyched.

Is that the same thing? No. I don't think so.

This appeared in the LATimes today and I identify with a lot of it.

In a losing Race With the Zeitgeist

I have not been going out and buying plasma screens and expensive sound equipment; just the same old Sony huge screen we brought from Boston.

But, I have made a clear decision that the cinema experience sucks and the home theater experience is very, very good for me.

We have Netflix. I watch from the world library of DVDs, not what is served up at all the theaters at the same time; the current pap.

I hate the rancid smell of the popcorn. I am bullshit over the ads. The trailers (also ads) are now interminable. I find the audience to be mostly aliens.

I used to argue that films needed a live audience to sit with; the sound and smell and energy of the crowd. But that is over for me.

We do have an art house right here in PS and it is not like the other places. But, they show three films for a week or two and are often empty. No audience at all. I don't know how they survive.

Actually, I don't know how any movie theaters survive and, it would appear that they don't and aren't.

Too bad.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?