<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 21, 2005

WAY OUT

This today in the LA Times:

Dieters, Step On Your Scales

This is nothing new to me.

I have always weighed myself every day.

For a long period of time, I also weighed myself at night; part of a body fat measurement step. I wanted the percent number (still do, but weekly) but I didn't miss the weight flash prior.

Sure it varies a lot. It is amazing what even taking medication will do (most pills will have you take on water). It is interesting to see the effect of very heavy exercise in a day. You gain some weight. Water again.

And so on.

I just figure it is a part of knowing my own body. Do you suppose that it satisfies my little obsessive-compulsive thing too? Maybe.

I know for a fact that it works to make me weight conscious.

It also serves over a period of a week or more to show a trend up or down. I don't want to lose any weight either.

For example, I am in a period of upward creep. I am gaining about a pound a month and I have let it go so that I am about five pounds over my goal weight.

Soon, it will be time to take action.

It will be simple enough. I have several big calorie items that will get dropped for a couple of weeks and that will do the trick. They are bonus items which nutrify with a high calorie 'cost'.

Whatever.

It is nice, for once, to see that swimming against the tide is working for me. I have been told and told by the non-weighers that I am on the wrong track.

Right. Wrong. What works?


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?