<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

STUCK

Dave Lindorff in his This Can't Be Happening blog:

Has anyone seen a car with one of those 2004 "Bush/Cheney" bumper stickers on it lately? It's been days since I've noticed one.

My community, which is about 50 percent Republican, used to be full of them, mostly pasted on the backs of hulking SUVs and brightly colored Hummers.

Suddenly, I'm just not seeing the things anymore. I suppose it's possible that they all just fell off, but then why am I still seeing Kerry/Edwards bumper stickers? Did Democrats use better glue?

No, I suspect something else is at work: buyers' remorse, or maybe shame.

I have noticed the same.

I have not asked anyone who actually HAD one.

We would not be on speaking terms.

That is what it has come to. Polarization.

The great uniter.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?