<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

LESS THAN THE SUM

I don't know what to make of todays Best 1176 NYTimes Film:

Henry Fool (1998)

There are some great scenes. There is some wonderful acting. The settings are spare but real.

The story has a lot of muscle.

I think it is about friendship and art. Two streams.

This is a Hal Hartley film. I type that as though I know what I am talking about. He has made a lot of films and this is the only one that I think that I have seen.

Here is Hartley's description of todays movie.

I see what he is saying. Henry comes into everyones pedestrian lives and changes them radically, while he doesn't seem to benefit at all and goes downhill.

OK.

I am not doing very well here.

It is an indie film so it can't be obvious.

But I did like it and will give it a 4 out of Netflix5 even it, like life, its meaning is ineffable.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?