<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

JFK

Today is the day Kennedy got shot.

November 22, 1964.

We all remember where we were.

I was out for an illegal coffee break with John St. John.

We worked for Acme Markets in Philadelphia.

We were sneaking back into the building and saw a teevee in a bar; through the big window.

We went in and watched.

The rest of that weekend is a blur.

I suppose it is similar to seeing the smoke from the World Trade Center as I was walking past the cardio section of the gym.

There is an immediate denial reaction. Then a growing shock and pain.

I can still feel it.

We also saw Ruby shoot Oswald. We were going to the dedication of a church where I played the organ. I was doing a special work we had commissioned for the occasion.

It happened right before we left.

A lot of people have never seen the cleaned up Zapruder film.

You can link to it but be warned; it is very clear.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?