<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 30, 2005

PSSSSST

We got through the time change OK.

I think it was last year that I set the clocks the wrong way which put us two hours off. We caught on pretty fast but it was embarrassing.

The thing now, is to get used to the early sunset.

Yeh, I know everyone has that. But, we are up against the mountain and so the sun 'goes behind' at about 330 PM. It is not quite the same as sun set but close enough. The birds start going to bed and Franklin expects his afternoon walk.

So, we slide forward again to an even earlier time. OK with me.

The best thing is that the light is back in the AM for the 6AM bike ride. John and Franklin can leave at the same time.

The light will diminish until mid December then go back up again. But it will never be darker at that time than it was Friday on my last ride.

I am OK with it but I lose the edge. I cannot really see the road surface all that well and I am concerned that people may not be able to see me. There is also the 'thought' that I might hit a skunk to say nothing of the reality of sand or water patches.

I wear white and drive for the other guy (as well as the skunk) more carefully.

So it is a good deal all around.

PST. Pacific Standard time. Can winter be far behind?


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?