<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 10, 2005

VERNAL REDUX

Maureen and Dave returned to the vernal pool in Kingston MA (see below, last week) and took some more pictures. Here we have some indication of what all this 'pooling' is about. Two toads making eye contact. Bingo. Love at first sight!

I have another shot of a 'congress' of salamanders. It is pretty dark. Let me describe it. There is a lot of slither going on. The eggs all get fertilized and the gene pool gets quite diversified. I bet there is a lot of orgiastic fun going on too. At least I hope so. The wonders of nature.

I like that it is called the 'congress'. The sexual kind, of course, not the political kind. Although, maybe if the pols tried this, there would be less nastiness on the floors of both houses.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?