<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 25, 2005

TWO HANDED EXERCISE

OK. I took a week or more off daily writing so now I got the skeezix.

I can't think of anything to write about and if something does come to mind, I talk myself out of writing because, because, because.

None of this is very blog healthy. Self consciousness and inertia are the enemies of the blog writer. I am the victim of both.

But, I am here; it is 4:20 AM and I have exhausted this morning's diet of Salon and The New York Times on line and have about thirty minutes on my hands before I go meditate for 20, get the LA Times from outside, eat my breakfast, and take off for the hour bike ride. My string of daily 'obligations'.

What to write about; what to write about?

I could do another pope piece. I see that the reason he turned so conservative was the lefty-communist-free love-sinners he ran into in the sixties. His formative years. He turned away in revulsion. Nothing there about the Hitler youth experience or anything and how that might have given him a certain perspective. Obviously not. The puff piece part of the 'love the Ratz' campaign was to deflect attention from the whole Nazi Ratzi connection.

But I am fucking tired of the pope and all the coverage. Why should I give good ink time to him too? No.

Then there is the continued saga of the GOoPers falling all over themselves to suck-ass with the irreligous right. The funny thing is that they are running in two directions. Santorum almost ran into Frist as he ran from the christers and Frist was running toward. To and fro. Demagogues. Santorum has a terrible poll situation. State (get this) Treasurer Casey is beating him all to hell in the early runnings. A State Treasurer! I don't even know who mine is! (Well, yes I do. Phil Angelides and he is a Democrat and he will be running for Governor and he is coming up on Arnies big ass fast too. But back to the reeps).

Frist, on the other hand, has it in mind to run for the vacancy now occupied by geebush, the current meat puppet for the cheneys and roves of the world. He needs the wing nuts as bad as dubya does or did. It is hard not to think of junior in the past tense even though he still has most of those 'four more years' to wreak considerable havoc. If we can't get the fucker impeached first.

In reality though, he has squandered most of that much vaunted political capital and is the earliest lamest duck we have ever seen. He will be the last to know though. Brass balls.

Then I could run one by on Tom Delay. The slimy, smug and mean bastard they chose to run the show on the repub congress. But, he seems to be doing pretty well all by himself with no help from me.

What else? More depredations for gay rights? Naw. Situation the same. Erosion on one side and wins on another. Stasis. I could go to Connecticut to be a Certified Partner if I wasn't already one in California. What's with the C-states?

The weather turned cold again out here. I could write about that. I figured that I had turned the heat up in the AM for the last time. No such luck. Two days running it was a 'cold' 76 when I got out to the kitchen. Yeh, I know. We have talked about warmness before and the relativity of it all. Baselines here being different and all.

We are having after shocks from the acrimonious election we just had. The Save the Hills people have gotten a bit co-opted by the City council. A secret planning committee has been formed to negotiate a mid-way solution. Evidently the councillors are worried enough about backlash to try assauging the people they fucked over when they voted against the conservation measures. You know, campaign promises down the drain?

Evidently they do not want to go into re-elect mode with a near 50% anger problem going against them.

Junior seems to be the only pol who is happy to have half the people thinking he sucks.

How am I doing? I don't have a picture or, as they now say, 'image' up yet. I guess I will go and look for one. I have pretty much filled in my time and I am writing again.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?