<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

QUICKIE

Well, it looks like they drew a line to the shortest distance between two points.

Ratzinger is the new pope.

I won't make fun of the name. Not me. It is tempting though.

Steve Soto on The Left Coaster notes that it is like Dick Cheney getting elected President of the US.

They got the guy behind the throne and a harder liner than the guy he was behind.

Fortunately, he is 78. I am not a catholic but, if I were, I would take this as an ominous selection.

But, they say that these guys change when they put on the hat; that the first hundred days are the formative ones.

I suspect it is all more or less formed.

If you want to know what Dominus Jesus is all about, take a look at this
The Ratzinger Doctrine
.

Like I said, I don't care a whole lot, but it does say that the rest of us (and a lot of catholics too) are more or less fucked.

Perhaps he will be a kinder gentler pope.

Does anyone know where that gesture comes from; the cupped hands, beseeching and all? It shows up in a lot of the upper crust hierarchical appearances. Did they all go to the same gesture school? Or is it some kind of secret handshake with a portion of the public? Don't get it.

Oh. And one more thing, not that anyone will give a shit. I will never call him benedict. He will always be Herr Ratzinger to me. Or Der Ratz.

Yes, I know it is disrespectful. Why else would I say such a thing?


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?