<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 29, 2005

HOLD THAT TIGER

In the mail from Dave:

Tempting....

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/dashboard/dashblog.html

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/dashboard/minipatience.html

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/dashboard/wikipedia.html

Interesting but beneath con-tempt!

The blog dash is interesting but I would be shy of it I think. I have enough problems with blogger.com's interface--although lately they have been aces.

I could not desert deltatao.com which was the original Mac solitaire game. He gave it away. Of course, it helped get him into the market with a lot of other games I don't buy so there is a guilt factor here. I just keep downloading his beta tests which I think he doesn't work on much as there isn't any visible change from one to the other--the downloads explode after two months. I love this feature. Masochistic.

Wikipedia? Yeh. I guess. But I know everything and don't use encyclopedias very much. I used to contribute to them...remember when you could just go in and write stuff and it would last until 'the committee' cleared it? I would go in and write about somebody (probably bushie) being a platinum grade asshole. Amazingly it would stay up for awhile. They have gotten too prim for me. Now you have to be a member and be responsible. They are not even on my browser bar.

But. I am working on being convinced.

As for the download problems, there are none. We have plenty of anecdotal that it is as smooth as silk. Panther was this way.

I am convinced that the Spotlight feature would be really great if I had files; which I do not. I am mostly using my computer to browse, blog, game, handle digital photos, and as an FM radio. The latter may change as I am still thinking that I will get serious about getting Serius. None of this involves looking for files.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?