<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

FOG

I subjected the blog to the Juicy Studio Readability Test.

Here are the results:

Readability Results for http://esrose.blogspot.com/
Readability Results
Summary Value
Total sentences 302
Total words 2,520
Average words per Sentence 8.34
Words with 1 Syllable 1,884
Words with 2 Syllables 422
Words with 3 Syllables 154
Words with 4 or more Syllables 60
Percentage of word with three or more syllables 8.49%
Average Syllables per Word 1.36
Gunning Fog Index 6.73
Flesch Reading Ease 83.22
Flesch-Kincaid Grade 3.73

You can interpret these results for yourself at their website, but I think that it comes out pretty good. They say that most writing strives for a Fog in this area. The reading ease is pretty high. But it is hard to believe that I am only in the fourth grade of reading.

We used to strive for eighth grade level in our training materials but based on this, I think we might have been a bit lower than that. I didn't write the materials alone but it was at about the same level.

Does anyone see anything else? This is sort of like having your prostate checked. Laying it all out for inspection. I will explain to the ladies if they need a diagram. I guess I just added to the grade level.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?