<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 07, 2005

SCARY

Today, we saw the French suspense classic

Les Diaboliques (1955).

I saw it years ago and had forgotten most of it. It was funny to 'get' what was really happening somewhere in the middle of the picture. I don't know how much was memory and how much that I actually 'got' it.

The film has Simone Signoret who was a favorite actress. We saw her work through the years and when one of her films came we were sure to watch it. She was some tough broad.

There is not a lot to talk about with this film as almost anything would amount to a spoiler.

We saw the Criterion Collection remaster and it is very very good. Probably better than the print I saw in 1955 or 56 as most of the art films at that time had been through the mill before we got to see them.

It is one of the NYTimes Best 1176Films and I give it a 4 out of Netflix5.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?