<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 25, 2005

METHENY CONT'D

OK. I found the CD's Featured in Ben Ratliff's Pat Metheny Story.

Then I went to iTunes and bought all the sides.

There are one or two problems. The Wes Montgomery/Wyntan Kelly tune is "album only"; that's 9.99 folks. All the rest for 0.99 though.

They do not have Glenn Gould's (and Bach's) Well Tempered Clavier. Can you fucking imagine? Call Steve Jobs immediately!

I bought the Edwin Fischer (it is the number one download so I must not be the only person doing this; make sure that it is #22!

In a way, I am quite surprised at the sides. They are very good, of course, but they are not at all 'out there' or radical. They are quite middle of the road. Which is to say that is the jazz road which makes them well to the left of the broad, broad, pop music freeway.

I am listening now.

Oh. I have also downloaded Metheny's new album The Way Up. It was the least I could do. I had all his other stuff on LP's and sold them off when we moved. I know. I know. But you can't get them back. And I don't have an LP player anymore.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?